Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default Whipped Cream

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:19:29 -0700, wrote:

>The best whipped cream I ever had was at a little French Pastry shop
>off the plaza in Santa Fe New Mexico.
>It was lightly whipped, creamy, had a little body and not beaten to
>peaks. It was barely sweetened, if at all. This is what it looked
>like.

http://i26.tinypic.com/30x7l0l.jpg

Is that the one that is part of La Fonda?

The best whipped cream I ever had was at Chez Panisse in Berkeley. It
was very much as you described that whipped cream in the pic. It was
very satiny, though.. It was served with an almond cake, and I cannot
remember if it was sweetened or not. Heaven.

I asked them what they used, and they use Strauss Family cream...
After that, I got some of the cream myself and whipped it as closely
as I could to what Chez Panisse did. It was pretty good, but I don't
have the Chez Panisse touch.

Christine