Jonathan Ball

Default Do vegetarians realise quite how much they're hated ?

Stop top-posting, goddamnit.

God, I hate vegetarians wrote:

> So tell me why I hate veggies so much.

Who cares? If you hate them, don't eat them.

> It's not like I think it's cool to do so.
> I think hating anyone or group is pretty effing uncool, as a matter of fact.

That depends on the constituency of the hated group,
and the reasons for hating them.

> But veggies just fill me with a deep and intense loathing.

I doubt that. When you eat rice or bread or potatoes
or tortillas or cookies or any of a number of things,
you're eating "vegetables". You do not eat only meat.

> I suppose at some level, veg'ism says 'I'm too good to eat THAT' - inferring
> by the converse, that carnivores are somehow inferior.

THAT'S why "vegans" and some other vegetarians are
hated: their appalling snobbery and condescension.

> And 'I care about animals' - inferring by the converse, that carnivores
> don't.

Same again.

> Neither obviously, is true.
> I suppose it strikes me as some kind of bizarre symptom of a mental illness
> that people get hung up about a cow/pig/sheep being humanely euthanased.
> Animals eat animals, why shouldn't we ?
> After all, are we not animals too ?
> Is the moral motivation for veg'ism a kind of anthropomorphisation ?
> Do veggies see farm animals as somehow human ?
> If so, how ?
> I can understand seeing a family pet as a member of the family .... even as
> an honorary human, but FARM animals ?
> I'm sorry, but that's just ph*cked up.
>

> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> news >