Jonathan Ball

Default Do vegetarians realise quite how much they're hated ?

Katherine Wolfe wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>
>>And rightly so.
>>They just want something to protest about - even if that protest is covert.
>>They fill me with homicidal loathing.

> It's just silly to get yourself all wound up about something like
> whether someone else eats meat or not. Hey, life's too short. Kick
> back, have a steak, and a really big cold beer, and chill out,
> whydontcha? ;-)

That's certainly the approach I try to take for myself,
although it's more likely to be some nice pork chops.
However, I don't really care if people are vegetarian
or not; what I *do* care about is when they either
explicitly try to shove their beliefs down my throat,
as "aras"/"vegans" want to do and sometimes try to do,
or if they parade around exuding their insufferable
arrogance, which they all do.