rick etter

Default Letters to the editor

"Fools Gold" > wrote in message

Jonathan Ball wrote:
Rogi Surta wrote:
> Totally wrong my friend. You are sadly misinformed. Cattle are one of the

most
> destructive food sources Americans use. The calorie per bushel of grain

invested
> to meat is far less efficient than direct human consumption of the same

grain.
You are misinformed, you top-posting goofball. The
grain cattle eat is not considered edible by humans.
It is grown AS livestock feed.
Anyway, your sense of "efficiency" is irrelevant and
misguided. The goal in producing food is not to get
the highest caloric value from the smallest possible
resource input, and you're not even proposing that we
do that. You can prove it for yourself by looking at
the resource requirements to grow a bushel of potatoes
versus the requirements to grow a bushel of
raspberries. You aren't proposing that we grow and
consume only the most resource-efficient vegetables, so
the idea that meat be produced and consumed is no
different.
A Mercedes-Benz requires more resources to produce than
a Kia, you dummy, but you're not proposing that people
ONLY should have Kias available for purchase.
> The number of acres of rain forests cleared each year in south america to

raise
> the cattle for fast food industries alone (a notoriously empty calorie

food
> source) is nothing more than rape of the earth.

Bullshit. You're an ignorant environmental extremist.
You're also full of shit in your claim that the
calories are "empty".

Grain production is the point, not what kind it is. Are you so ****ing dumb
that you can not grasp this simple point? - resources it takes to get a
calorie of meet - versus a calorie of grain? This is what we call science.
=======================
Yes, let's discuss that simple comparison. Grains for your consumption
require massive amounts more in resources than many meats. Why is that that
seems to be above your head? Where is the massive inputs from the
petro-chemical industry for grass-fed meats? Where is the massive
petro-chemical industry for game? I'll tell you where the massive
petro-chemical industry is, it's in the production of your cheap,
convenient, grow 'em as fast and cheaply as possible using whatever
resources it takes veggies. But then, it's not really about a vegan doing
'better', is it? It's about the sanctimonious hypocrisy that makes them
feel better. Forget the fact that they kill more animals than they need to,
because their convenience and entertainment come brefore actually saving any
animals.

Let me guess, now you are going to try to insult me by calling a scientist?
========================
Hardly. Your ignorance is too great for that label...

Maybe you might even call me educated, that would really hurt my feelings!
==================
Naw, not even that. Unless you count 6th grade as an education...

I am not alone in purposing gas economy cars over gas guzzling-Saudi
Arabia-supporting cars.
An empty calorie is a common term referring to high sugar/ fat content while
being low in nutrients. You seem to be a very uneducated person. Are you by
any chance a cultural decedent of the klu klux klan? A white southern
Protestant?
======================
Ah, the last refuge of those that know their argument is lost, call the
other person a racist. You really are that ignorant, aren't you?

Calling me an environmentalist means what? That I am not so self-centered
and arrogant that I care about leaving for my children a world that can
sustain them?
Let me guess, you are one of those common fat people that cares only about
living forever in heaven and could give a flying **** that our children will
live in a caldron of 6 billion plus humans fighting over the last scraps of
territory on this shrinking planet.
Anyone that thinks it is an insult to be called an environmentalist has got
to be a very selfish ignorant person! My money is on you being a decedent of
a white southern protestant christian. A slave owning, civil rights
violating, bible swinging, camel through the eye of a needle, hates the
educated, hillbilly!
Check this out and then talk to me http://www.2think.org/dhw.shtml
who's next?
You. Stick a fork in yourself, you're toast, killer.

snippage...