Zakhar

Default Letters to the editor

TexMex, stupid as stupid as ever.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Zakhar, daft as ever, wrote:
>
> >>Try reading again.
> >>
> >>5. Our oceans would be fished to extinction. Yes, all the vegetarians I

> > know
> >>eat fish and seafood.
> >>
> >>See, the writer is saying that most 'vegetarians' eat fish. This

appears
> >>me to be true.

> > No, you read again with some knowledge.
> >
> > The writer implied that all vegetarians eat fish.

> Bullshit, you ignorant prat. The writer only said the vegetarians of the
> writer's acquaintance ate fish -- not ALL.

"Yes, all the vegetarians I know eat fish" was the phrase. It was implicit.

> > Which is beside the point. The point is NO vegetarians eat fish. There

are
> > people who eat fish that call themselves vegetarian, but these people

are
> > ill-informed or liars.

> They're free to call themselves whatever they want.

You may be happy living, as you do, with ignorant people and liars.

I've not got a problem, you stupid ****.

> >>The oceans are already in serious peril from overfishing. If eveyone

> > became
> >>'vegetarian' in the sense that the writer means it and we omnivores

> > observe
> >>it, there is no doubt that the oceans would indeed be fished until there
> >>were no stocks left.

> > In the sense that meat eaters could eat more fish, call themselves
> > vegetarians and empty the oceans, yes.

> The oceans won't be emptied by fish-eaters.

You must have polished the old crystal ball, I never realised you could see
the future, or are you LYING again.

> > Lesson two:
> >
> > What is a vegetarian?
> > Someone who does not eat meat, poultry, game or *fish* and who also

avoids
> > slaughterhouse by-products such as gelatine and animal fats.

> Some vegetarians will take exception about by-products, which most
> people in modern society find almost unavoidable. Those products end up
> in cosmetics, shampoo, conditioners, and soap.

You STUPID ****.

Read it again!

....does not EAT meat, poultry, game or *fish* and who also avoids
slaughterhouse by-products such as gelatine and animal fats.

(Most) Vegetarians do not EAT "cosmetics, shampoo, conditioners, and soap".

>Animal-derived products
> are also used in pharmaceuticals. Is one no longer vegetarian because
> that Advil or Tylenol has gelatin around it? Or that capsule is made of
> gelatin?

I avoid it yes, so do the other VEGETARIANS I know.

> > Most
> > vegetarians eat dairy products and free-range eggs, Vegans avoid all

animal
> > products.
> >
> > http://www.vegsoc.org/newveg/index.html

> Nobody avoids all animal products.