Fools Gold

Default Letters to the editor

Jonathan Ball wrote:

> Rogi Surta wrote:
> > Totally wrong my friend. You are sadly misinformed. Cattle are one of the most
> > destructive food sources Americans use. The calorie per bushel of grain invested
> > to meat is far less efficient than direct human consumption of the same grain.

> You are misinformed, you top-posting goofball. The
> grain cattle eat is not considered edible by humans.
> It is grown AS livestock feed.
>
> Anyway, your sense of "efficiency" is irrelevant and
> misguided. The goal in producing food is not to get
> the highest caloric value from the smallest possible
> resource input, and you're not even proposing that we
> do that. You can prove it for yourself by looking at
> the resource requirements to grow a bushel of potatoes
> versus the requirements to grow a bushel of
> raspberries. You aren't proposing that we grow and
> consume only the most resource-efficient vegetables, so
> the idea that meat be produced and consumed is no
> different.
>
> A Mercedes-Benz requires more resources to produce than
> a Kia, you dummy, but you're not proposing that people
> ONLY should have Kias available for purchase.
>
> > The number of acres of rain forests cleared each year in south america to raise
> > the cattle for fast food industries alone (a notoriously empty calorie food
> > source) is nothing more than rape of the earth.

> Bullshit. You're an ignorant environmental extremist.
> You're also full of shit in your claim that the
> calories are "empty".

Grain production is the point, not what kind it is. Are you so ****ing dumb that you
can not grasp this simple point? - resources it takes to get a calorie of meet -
versus a calorie of grain? This is what we call science.

Let me guess, now you are going to try to insult me by calling a scientist? Maybe you
might even call me educated, that would really hurt my feelings!

I am not alone in purposing gas economy cars over gas guzzling-Saudi Arabia-supporting
cars.

An empty calorie is a common term referring to high sugar/ fat content while being low
in nutrients. You seem to be a very uneducated person. Are you by any chance a
cultural decedent of the klu klux klan? A white southern Protestant?

Calling me an environmentalist means what? That I am not so self-centered and arrogant
that I care about leaving for my children a world that can sustain them?

Let me guess, you are one of those common fat people that cares only about living
forever in heaven and could give a flying **** that our children will live in a
caldron of 6 billion plus humans fighting over the last scraps of territory on this
shrinking planet.

Anyone that thinks it is an insult to be called an environmentalist has got to be a
very selfish ignorant person! My money is on you being a decedent of a white southern
protestant christian. A slave owning, civil rights violating, bible swinging, camel
through the eye of a needle, hates the educated, hillbilly!

Check this out and then talk to me http://www.2think.org/dhw.shtml

who's next?