Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default 'Messy' cooks...

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:46:26 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>> So what kind of cook are you? The 'clean up as you go along' type or the
>> 'do it all in one go when you're finished' type? Or somewhere in between?
>> Just wonderin'.
>>

>I'm mostly a disaster when I cook, but I try to be better about it. At
>least I don't have huge piles of vegetable matter all over the floor
>when I'm done, as my partner does. ;-)
>
>Serene

I used to be a disaster type cook but when I learned how to mise en
place with all the little bowls, etc, I became much better and
cleaner. It became much easier to wipe down and clean up my spot
after I prepped each ingredient. Then by the time the final cooking
stage came along, I just had to add my ingredients and put the dishes
in the dishwasher.

Mind you, I am not totally at this cleaner place, but I have gotten a
LOT better!!

Christine