Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default 'Messy' cooks...

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:36:21 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> While I was putting dinner on tonight it made me think about 'messy
>> cooks'...
>>
>> I clean up as I go along, and so does DH - however, when Dad gets 'let
>> loose' in the kitchen he seems to use every pot, pan, dish, knife, fork
>> spoon in the place - in fact the kitchen usually looks like a 'war zone'
>> to me by the time the food is ready. Even tho' he always 'washes up'
>> afterwards, it still drives me nuts.
>>
>> So what kind of cook are you? The 'clean up as you go along' type or the
>> 'do it all in one go when you're finished' type? Or somewhere in between?
>> Just wonderin'.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy
>>
>> Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...

>Messy without question.
>
>Clean as you go is a pain and a waste of time.
>
>Rinse this, rinse that, wipe this wipe that, open the dishwasher, close the
>dishwasher, go to the next step Dumb!
>
>Now dealing with raw chicken, or other potential harmful areas, different
>story.

LOL. That sounds like me. I'm a kitchen whirlwind as far as mess.
But when there's chicken around I clean as I go. Usually Louise
follows me around cleaning when I cook. The few times she cooks I do
the same. Works for us.

Lou