Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tracy[_2_] Tracy[_2_] is offline

Default 'Messy' cooks...

ChattyCathy wrote:
> While I was putting dinner on tonight it made me think about 'messy
> cooks'...
>
> I clean up as I go along, and so does DH - however, when Dad gets 'let
> loose' in the kitchen he seems to use every pot, pan, dish, knife, fork
> spoon in the place - in fact the kitchen usually looks like a 'war zone'
> to me by the time the food is ready. Even tho' he always 'washes up'
> afterwards, it still drives me nuts.
>
> So what kind of cook are you? The 'clean up as you go along' type or the
> 'do it all in one go when you're finished' type? Or somewhere in between?
> Just wonderin'.

I clean as I go. I also need to start in a clean kitchen - so if there
are any dishes around - they need to be washed and put away before I
start. I might end up with a couple of dishes in the sink when I am done
- depending on what I have prepared. I usually leave them neatly piled
in the sink to do later.

The DH on the other hand is like a hurricane in the kitchen...everything
all over the place and dishes piled in an disorderly fashion - plates
piled on top of saucepans,etc. He drives me crazy. He does clean up
after himself - but unless I want to suffer a heart attack I try to stay
out of the kitchen when he is "working".

-Tracy