Posted to rec.food.cooking
Myrl Jeffcoat Myrl Jeffcoat is offline

Default Shredding Devices?

When my family comes home, I have often thought it would be great to
have a nice shredding device to use for making some of those shredded
salads that are often served.

Usually in the past, I have simply purchased from the deli, the
shredded salad containing carrots, jicama, a little pineapple,
raisins, etc. But, I'm getting to the point where I refuse to pay
$5.99 a pound for the coveted salad from the deli. The cost has for
deli salads has escallated rapidly recently.

My family is large, and when they ALL come home, it takes about 3
pounds of the stuff to feed them all!

What have you guys found to be the best quick shredding device out
there???

Myrl Jeffcoat