Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Now for the Reverse Side of the Coin

Dimitri wrote:
> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
>> Our Scoundrel Buddy, Dimitri, got us all thinking about our proudest
>> moment. Here's a flip......what is your most memorable faux pas? It
>> can be what ever you wish, something you did that no one picked up
>> on but you are still embarassed to admit or something that you did
>> that EVERYONE picked up and won't let you live down. Here's mine:

> <snip>
>
> One day many years ago I had decided to spike my pasta sauce with
> some red pepper flakes. You know I just wanted to add a little
> background zip.

(snip, heheh)
> To this day whenever someone asks if I have ever cooked anything that
> did not turn out they look at each other and tell the Hot Spaghetti
> Story"

That's too funny! When I was about 5 years old we lived in NJ; Mom went off
to "the city" (that would be NYC, heheh) for a weekend shopping trip,
leaving my brothers and me with Dad. He made spaghetti with red sauce. The
sauce was good, I'm sure - 1951 Betty Crocker, how can you go wrong? Except
he didn't really drain the pasta, just mixed it all together. I definitely
remember that on my plate! We teased him for years. Maybe one day your
kids will forget... but don't count on it!

Jill