Jonathan Ball

Default Tell me about rice

Benfez wrote:
> "Zakhar" > wrote in message

>>Using Diderot's numbers, if you were producing rice you'd be killing

> 45
>
>>000 000 animals a year, and you'd have 262 500 000 amphibians living in

> your
>
>>fields, etc.
>>

> Quite, but notice that I feel unable to count the small furrys, there will
> be a VERY great number of mice, voles and similar who will be killed, not to
> mention amphibians.

In this "debate" (huh) over animal collateral deaths in
agriculture, the actual count is irrelevant. It is the
*phenomenon* of CDs, in the range in which we know they
occur, that completely queers the claims of "animal
rights" activists. What the phenomenon shows is that
"aras" are, in fact, "animal rights" PASSIVISTS: their
diets causes large scale, widespread animal death, and
they are utterly PASSIVE regarding it.