Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Spin Off of Barb's Spin off of Squeaks Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:29:49 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:

>Ok, we've seen what recipes you would want to pass down....that got me to thinking
>about all of the recipes that have been passed down to *me*. Not just from my mom,
>but from my aunts and uncles and both grandmothers, and one single recipe from my
>grandpa who never cooked but made an awesome salad dressing.
>
>My favorites are sometimes more techniques than they are recipes, and my grandma Ma's
>recipes often included measurements like "A handful of..." "A couple soup spoons
>of...", and instructions like "mix it til it feels right".
>
>What are your favorite family recipes?
>
>kimberly

i think i've posted this before, but i remember reading a story about
someone transcribing his mother's recipes:

mom: and then add a little water.

son: how much water?

mom (thinking): oh, about a mouthful.

your pal,