Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Ping: Wendy

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: Wendy, have you seen this?

: It's a Kosher diabetic cookbook.

: http://www.jewishdiabetes.org/
: --
: Janet Wilder
: Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
: Good Friends. Good Life

Just back from a LOOONG weekend so havn't had a chance to look it up.
will let you know. My DIL got me a diabetic cookbook canlled Enlitened
Kosher Cooking by Nechemia Cohen. It seems to be written TO ACCOMODATE
BOTH LOW ER CARB AND LOWER FAT DIETS, EMPHASISING (AS USUAL) "HEALTHY"
WHOLE GRAIN CARBS AND "GOOD" FATS AND OILS. Many of the recipes are quite
low carb and may pastry recipes use almond flour, soy flour etc, so it can
be quite low carb. There is, of course emphasis on on finding ways to
have many traditional kosher dishes and shabat and holiday foods adapted
to lower carb and, usually, lower fat versions. They are not afraid of
artificial sweeteners as so many diabetic cookbooks seem to be. some of
the recipies I have tried are quite good. I want to try a mandelbrot
(biscotti type cookie) that they have that used almond flour.

By the way, with Shavuot coming up I will post my spinach kugel tht i
adapted from my mother's noodle kugel, which is rich in cheese, sour
cream, if desired, etc. but no noodles! I alsoo make my lower fat, low
carb cheesecake for this holiday and hope to have my vegetarian son and
his family over for that meal. Not sure how Zoe, aged 5, will like tht
spinach kugel, althose she does like "trees", (brocolli crowns).

Wendy