Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_40_] Gregory Morrow[_40_] is offline

Default My rib glaze

Goomba wrote:

> We're doing spare ribs today. While debating dry rubs versus mops versus
> a sauce, I decided on a glaze or sauce to be painted on during the last
> bit of cooking. Or at least that is the plan at this point.
>
> Scrounging through the fridge I spy Barb's cherry jam and I know I've
> made ancho-cherry sauce in the past, using dried cherries. Using half a
> jar of Barb's jam as my base, I've added some ketchup, half a jar of
> pepper jelly, some Coleman's dry mustard, salt, a bit of the vinegar
> from some sliced jalapenos for a bit of heat, and lastly a bit of
> Chinese Five Spice powder. I may have overdone that last item, but not
> sure yet? It tasted pretty darn good up to the addition of the Five
> Spice powder, but I'm not sure if it was the flavor I wanted?? I was
> debating a little dried red pepper flakes.
>
> I'll update the final taste test later. It might end up good!?

You know, I've been fiddling around this weekend with making stir - fry and
BBQ sauces from stuff I have on hand...my new "sekret" ingredient is Coca -
Cola...had part of an old bottle in the back of the pantry. Works like a
charm - so far...

--
Best
Greg