Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spin-off of Squeaks' Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

On Mon 26 May 2008 10:34:14a, Janet Wilder told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> Ooh, ooh... Recipe please!

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Noodle Kugel
>
> Recipe By :Janet Wilder
> Categories : Side Dishes

> 1 lb egg noodles-- broad
> 1 cup raisins
> 1/2 stick sweet butter -- melted
> 3 eggs
> 1 can crushed pineapple in juice -- drained
> (tuna-sized can)
> 2/3 cup sugar
> 1/8 Teaspoon vanilla
> 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg -- freshly ground
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 tsp cinnamon
> 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
> cooking spray
>
> Cook noodles according to package directions, minus 2 minutes. While
> noodles cook, soak raisins in melted butter. Drain noodles and set aside
>
> In a large bowl, combine eggs, raisins and butter, pineapple,
> applesauce, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Add well-drained
> noodles and mix until well blended.
>
> Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan and bake
> at 350 until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center
> comes out dry, about 1 hour.
>
> Note: I use a Pyrex pan.

Thank you so much, Janet. I will be making this very soon. Probably this
next weekend. I think even David (the picky one) will enjoy this!

>>> 4. My brisket recipe.

>> And this one too, please!

> Send me a valid email address and I'll send you the brisket recipe. I
> don't want to post it.

I will do that, and appreciate your sharing it with me.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 05(V)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)