Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spin-off of Squeaks' Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 26 May 2008 10:12:25a, Janet Wilder told us...
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Waxing wistful for Mom's own words has me posing this to you:
>>> If you were to hand write, say, five recipes for your kids to remember
>>> you by, which would you include?

>> 1. My noodle kugel recipe.

> Ooh, ooh... Recipe please!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Noodle Kugel

Recipe By :Janet Wilder
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Side Dishes

1 lb egg noodles-- broad
1 cup raisins
1/2 stick sweet butter -- melted
3 eggs
1 can crushed pineapple in juice -- drained
(tuna-sized can)
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 Teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg -- freshly ground
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
cooking spray

Cook noodles according to package directions, minus 2 minutes. While
noodles cook, soak raisins in melted butter. Drain noodles and set aside

In a large bowl, combine eggs, raisins and butter, pineapple,
applesauce, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Add well-drained
noodles and mix until well blended.

Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan and bake
at 350 until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center
comes out dry, about 1 hour.

Note: I use a Pyrex pan.

>> 4. My brisket recipe.

> And this one too, please!

Send me a valid email address and I'll send you the brisket recipe. I
don't want to post it.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation