Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default My rib glaze

hahabogus wrote:

> Alan's Apple Butter Bbq Sauce
>
> BBQ, favorites, keeper, sauces/dips, tested
>
> 1 14 oz can hunts Italian tomato sauce.
> 1 cup apple butter
> 2 tbsp molasses
> 1 tbsp maggi sauce
> 1 tbsps franks hot sauce
> 1 tsp mustard powder
> 1 tbsp+ onion powder
> 2 tsp lemon juice
> 1 package slenda
> 1 liquid smoke; to taste
> 1/8 tsp mace
>
> In a small pot stir together ingredients. Bring to just boiling remove
> from
> heat. Adjust sweetness with apple cider Vinegar

Hmmmm...Onion! I wonder if a little onion powder would tone down the
Five Spice powder? It tastes good but I keep thinking it needs something
a touch savory? I wish I'd used half the amount of FSP, even though I
didn't really use that much. It is powerful stuff.
Stop now or keep on... oh dilemma, dilemma!