Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spin-off of Squeaks' Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

On Mon 26 May 2008 06:17:40a, Nina told us...

> On Mon, 26 May 2008 00:06:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>Waxing wistful for Mom's own words has me posing this to you:
>>If you were to hand write, say, five recipes for your kids to remember
>>you by, which would you include?

> I don't think that these are my *best* recipes, but they are the
> things that my son asks for again and again, and that's what family
> recipes are all about.
>
> Grilled chicken with my special marinade
>
> Salmon grilled with wasabi marinade and fresh avocado salsa
>
> Vegetables cooked properly (that is, not desperately overcooked as my
> mother always did). Especially zucchini and asparagus.
>
> Pan-fried crispy tilapia
>
> Lindy's style cheesecake (not exactly my invention)
>
> Nina
> <new here! hello>

Hello, Nina! And welcome to rfc!

BTW, not a foolish question, but do you pronounce your name N(eye)na or
N(ee)na? I ask because the name is the same as one of my co-workers and
she pronounces it N(ee)na. I have rarely heard it pronounced that way
before.

Oh, I couldn't agree more about vegetable cooking. Probably most here on
rfc would agree. Sometimes I think the overcooking was a "generational"
thing.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 05(V)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)