Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus hahabogus is offline

Default Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia

I remember the trip to North Dakota to Mount Rushmore....The day was a
killer ....temps in the low hundreds and us in a tent. Boy it was hot, then
Dad showed up with a chilled water melon. Excepting there were no knives in
the camping gear other than table knives. In the same trip Mom decorated
several pine tree with spray whipped cream as the nozzle got stuck open and
it wouldn't stop spraying. During the evening we all gathered around the
camp fire and sang xmas carols. That was the trip that convinced them to
get a trailer. There are many food related memories that are both good and
bad. I wish I had mom's recipe for pine decorating with cream...sometimes
my adult kid's are too serious.

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080525-0, 05/25/2008
Tested on: 5/25/2008 5:58:28 PM