Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Cucumber salad recipe for Andy

On May 22, 7:19�am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Stan Horwitz said...
>

> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> >> Stan, a Jack of all trades!

> >> Like my boss used to tell me, "Andy, you do good work. Not much of it

> but
> >> you do good work!" I told him once I was going on break and he said "you
> >> got a break when you got the job, get back to work."

> >> Keep my day job! I know!

> >> I'm looking forward to making your recipe. I also have Margaret's recipe
> >> which was delicious, too!

> >> I've never been to the 2nd Ave. Deli, either locations. Did the recipe
> >> change from the old to the new place? Just out of curiosity.

> > All the recipes are the same as far as I know. What changed is that the
> > new location is extremely cramped, whereas the 2nd Ave. Deli's previous
> > location was reasonably spacious.

> Stan,
>
> Shame they had to relocate!
>
> Never been to either. I'd've (if I'd known) gone to the original 2nd Ave
> Deli.
>
> Andy

You're really not missing much. If after you dined at the delis in
Brooklyn and Queens you try the 2nd Ave Deli once it will be your
first and last. You should always be wary of any restaurant that
prints a cook book to further hype its image. I have a copy of their
cook book, I read through all of it, not even one recipe is
authentic... reads like it was written by a goy... all you gotta do is
read the section on chicken soup, it's a joke... Aunt Mary's Chicken
Soup.... shouldn't that be Mother Souperior Mary...