Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default What a moron!

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> What you could do is go shopping together and show her how to read carbs
> per serving. Example say that any food that is x gr or above per serving
> is not suitable for you. This would have to be for a whole meal. All your
> food components would have to add up to no more than x amount of carbs.
> Explain that noodles, pasta and the like are pretty much no no's for yuo.
> She is a good cook and could make some tasty meat-based meals out of
> herbs and spices. Then just add the low carb veggies to fill it out (as
> well as provide the necessary nutrition). The penne and alfredo sauce
> packaged meal was a no no but the home made alfredo over, let me think -
> shiritake or shitake? One is mushrooms, one is noodles... Someone here
> will know.

Thanks, Ozgirl. I rarely go out, let alone shopping. When Jun cooks for me,
it's pretty low carb. Meat is mostly pork, chicken, beef, fish, shrimp
and/or mussels. She makes my favorite . . . lamb, on occassion. Veggies are
usually Chinese broccoli, spinach, bamboo shoots, snap peas, bean sprouts,
mushrooms, eggplant and such. Although I love Thai sticky rice (Cao Niao) I
only get about 1 or 2 Tbs of it on rare occasions.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~