Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default What a moron!

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Alice Faber > wrote:

> >> A good alfredo sauce should be quite low carb. It's just butter,
> >> cream, and parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Now what you put it
> >> on...that's another story.

> > The penne was rice pasta (ground brown rice, rice bran). The Alfredo
> > sauce was milk, cheese, corn starch, maltodextrin, lipolyzed cream
> > and guar gum. Jun added a bunch of fresh shrimp, fried in butter, and
> > fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. My Alfredo sauce is more like
> > what you describe. She won't be buying this again.

> It begs the question... why is she bringing high carb convenience foods
> into the house. The hotter the weather the more likely you are to grab a
> convenience meal than cook from scratch. If the wrong foods aren't in the
> house then you can't eat it easily.

I beg to reply. Well, she went to this place to get CarbQuik for me. Her
English being somewhat limited, she assumed that everything there was OK
for me. I have since explained the difference between low carb and low
gluten to her. She thought she was doing something nice for me. She's
learning. Having spent the first 50 years of her life in Thailand, the hot
weather is no deterrant. She cooks in the house from 6 AM to midnight, for
her catering business, everything from scratch. Does her and my meals, as
well.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~