Jonathan Ball

Default Karen Winter, a rotten excuse for a mother

usual suspect wrote:
> degeneRat & Schism wrote:
>
>>> Appalling.

>> And absolutely false.

> I wish I could believe you about this, but I've seen what happens when
> someone chooses an alternative lifestyle AFTER already starting a
> family. The results aren't very good. I'm disappointed in you.
>
>> Jonnie plays on this lie precisely
>> because I didn't abandon my son, and I care, and cared for
>> him. If I'd really abandoned him, jonnie would pick some
>> other lie to tell.

> You don't show your care for a child by removing yourself from the
> household, particularly for selfish gratification. Children need two
> parents (one of each sex!) for proper development. You should've stuck
> it out at least until he was mature.
>
>>> The young man seems to have turned out pretty well

>> He has. I provided a good physical foundation for him
>> by being very conscientious while I was pregnant, and
>> a good upbringing for him,

> Not if you withdrew from the household, particularly if you were open
> about your perverted sexual appetites.

Karen abandoned the boy. She didn't leave him in a box
on someone's doorstep, or put $10 in his pocket and
shove him out of the car some place far from home, but
she abandoned him: she CHOSE not to provide for him.

>> and I even signed the paper
>> for him to go into the service because he wasn't quite
>> of age yet. I've always supported him in his choices,
>> and worked hard to provide him with the best education
>> (New Mexico Military Academy, University -- where he got
>> an "A" average,

> NMMA is very special to me. Shame it's located amidst UFO tourist traps.
>
>> just like his mother did when she was
>> in college) and opportunities I could. He is successful.
>> He's now in Iraq, the commander of a detachment, and
>> recently promoted to Captain.

> God bless him.
>
>> We disagree on politics,

> One thing you two have in common: you both love Bush. Yours just isn't
> capitalized.
>
>> true, but I love him and support him, and am proud that he
>> is following in our family's tradition.

> Oh reeeeeeeeeally? You don't mind that he's part of the occupying force
> of a sovereign nation whose leadership we've overturned?

The ultimate and, at the same time, the most basic
expression of the power of the state! Yet Karen,
ostensibly an "anarchist", says she supports him.

You really have to wonder about the degree of mental
compartmentalization of which Karen is capable. I
think it's close to schizophrenia.

>> Our family's
>> military service goes back to the Revolutionary War -- I
>> could be DAR if I wanted. I accept no one's criticism of our
>> family's patriotism, or our family.

> I'll continue to criticize your "patriotism," but I'm grateful for your
> son's service. I hope he and his men return home safely. And soon.

Karen's beliefs are the antithesis of patriotism. I
personally feel that patriotism is a bogus sentiment,
but only because too often, it's demanded as a form of
*approval* of what a country, a state, is doing in a
very particular way. But Karen opposes the very notion
of "patria" from which patriotism originally derives.

Karen hates her nation. She hates its people, she
hates its form of government - not government per se -
and she hates our form of economic organization.