Rat & Swan

Default Schism

usual suspect wrote:
> Jonathan Ball wrote:

<snip>
>> "women" who abandoned their sons.

> Appalling.

And absolutely false. Jonnie plays on this lie precisely
because I didn't abandon my son, and I care, and cared for
him. If I'd really abandoned him, jonnie would pick some
other lie to tell.

> The young man seems to have turned out pretty well

He has. I provided a good physical foundation for him
by being very conscientious while I was pregnant, and
a good upbringing for him, and I even signed the paper
for him to go into the service because he wasn't quite
of age yet. I've always supported him in his choices,
and worked hard to provide him with the best education
(New Mexico Military Academy, University -- where he got
an "A" average, just like his mother did when she was
in college) and opportunities I could. He is successful.
He's now in Iraq, the commander of a detachment, and
recently promoted to Captain. We disagree on politics,
true, but I love him and support him, and am proud that he
is following in our family's tradition. Our family's
military service goes back to the Revolutionary War -- I
could be DAR if I wanted. I accept no one's criticism of our
family's patriotism, or our family.

Jonnie's just jealous, 'cause he's never seen action or
"fought for anything."

Rat
<snip>