Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Cucumber salad recipe for Andy

On Tue, 20 May 2008 12:30:23 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>Ah - was gonna ask about the amounts... I am gonna use sugar, so how
>'sweet' is this supposed to be? Just sweet-ish or fairly sweet? Or is that
>sort of 'personal preference'?

I would say "to taste". For me, it would be a balance of sweet and
sour so neither one stood out.

My Swedish grandmother's sweet & sour cucumber recipe called for equal
amounts of sugar, vinegar and water.... she used one cup of each.
Place sugar and water in a saucepan, heat until the sugar has melted,
take off the heat and add vinegar. When the mixture has cooled,
combine with sliced cucumbers and onions. Refrigerate until serving
time - at least one hour.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first