Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger[_6_] The Ranger[_6_] is offline

Default Cucumber salad recipe for Andy

Stan Horwitz > wrote in message
[snip]
> Anyway, slice four large kirby cucumbers (I prefer
> regular cukes though). Slice them as thin as you can.
> Slice a small or medium size onion and shred one
> carrot (or finely dice it). I use a $20 vegetable
> slicer; its a poor man's mandolin, but it works fine.

[snip]
> Next, goes in four cups of Heinz white vinegar.

[snip]

Kirby? Aren't those the knobby, squat things recommended for
pickling? Do Persian cukes not stand up or is their flavor too
delicate for the 4 cups of vinegar?

Can you adjust the amount of vinegar or does that muck with the
overall product?

The Ranger