Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Big breakfast

Alan S > wrote:
: On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"
: > wrote:

: >Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
: >Jacquie

: Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
: hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.

: My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
: Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
: mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
: flakes.

: Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
: skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
: skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
: and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
: turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
: underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
: cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
: Succulent and tasty.

: Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

I may have submitted this before on thie list, but I have a nice, quick
adn dirty tasty fish cooking method that workd for thin fish like tilapia
fillets to thick pieces of salmon. Put the fish in a microwave safe dish
along with some lemon juice, thinly sliced onions and green or other
colored peppers, and salas of your choice of heat. Cover tightly adn
microwave until fish is done. Naturally, the thick fish will take longer
than the thin, but just test and if not done, put back for another minute
or so.

Try it and see how it goes for you.

Wendy