Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default Cheese enchiladas - Oy vey!

On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:05:41 +0100, Nicky
> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 May 2008 05:39:46 -0700 (PDT), ankalime
> wrote:
>
>>Served 1 chicken breast per adult cut into strips with veg and a tbsp
>>of sour cream on top, 1/3 c vegetarian refried beans on the side with
>>a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and jalapenos on the side. 2 hour pp =
>>105. And the kids liked it!

>Sounds yummy! And what is it with the man/BBQ thing? I like a spot of
>pyromania too, but I only ever get near the thing if he's away...
>
>Nicky.
>T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

It's just so easy; I use the BBQ at least twice weekly in
winter, more often in summer. Meats on the slotted section
so the fat drips away, greens in a saucepan on the hot-plate
in a smidgin of water to simmer, onions, capsicum, half
tomatoes and slices of spuds or sweet potato on the
hot-plate (I usually give them a quick zap in the microwave
to help them along). Vary things occasionally - shish kabob,
satays, chook, different marinades, use imagination.

Apart from ease of use and clean-up, it's brilliant for
rendering the sat fat off chops and similar. I'm aware of
the AGE risks, so I try not to carbonise things too much.

And it gives me an excuse to be outside at this time of
year, watching the sunset and sipping red wine as the chops
sizzle and the ladies are inside...

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com