jambalaya

Default UNSCIENTIFIC critique of anthropologist's view on diet

Laurie wrote:

> "jambalaya" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>
>>>http://ecologos.org/fft.htm

>> However, your approach to dismissing
>>the findings which you understandably don't like is
>>thoroughly unscientific. IN fact, it is ANTI-science,
>>par excellence.

> If you'd like to point out and correct any errors of mine, please do so.

With pleasure, Larry.

Leonard, the person holding a Ph.D. from an
accredited university:
We humans are strange primates.

Polemicisit Larry Forti, the business world reject:
True, and the fiction they create disguised as
'science' to support their own personal cultural
conditioning and superstitions, which they refuse to
examine logically, is even stranger.

You have not refuted claims by REAL scientists - not
the shabby fraud you are - concerning their findings
about human origins and diet. Instead, you attempt to
smear them with a lot of hot air about "cultural
conditioning" and superstition. Show a *specific*
scientific claim that you have *refuted*, Larry. Not a
caricature of a claim that you dismiss with angry
handwaving. You can't legitimately and honestly call
their science "fiction", Larry, unless you are capable
of refuting it, using the same techniques they use. We
all know you can't.

Leonard, real scientist:
Anthropologists and biologists have long sought to
understand how our lineage came to differ so
profoundly from the primate norm in these ways, and
over the years all manner of hypotheses aimed at
explaining each of these oddities have been put
forth.

Polemicisit Larry Forti:
Simple: culture. The other species are driven by
instincts, thus can function only in harmony with
Nature, not destroy it and themselves through misuse
of intellect as humans do as a result of cultural
conditioning. Some of the primates, such as the
chimp, are starting to develop culture as shown by
their limited flesh-eating.

SUPPORT your contention that it is "merely" "culture",
Larry. You haven't even attempted it, Ipse Dixit
Larry; you have merely asserted it, and merely repeated
your assertion when challenged. SUPPORT, Larry -
that's what a *real* scientist does. You aren't a
scientist in ANY WAY, Larry: you are an angry,
dishonest polemicist who LIES and claims to understand
science. You do not.

Leonard, the real scientist:
But a growing body of evidence indicates that these
miscellaneous quirks of humanity in fact have a
common thread: they are largely the result of
natural selection acting to maximize dietary quality
and foraging efficiency.

Larry Forti, the angry LYING polemicist
Natural selection made our species into the self-
and omni-destructive plague that is currently
destroying our planet? This is, indeed, a perverted
view of evolution. "Quirks" of behavior are not
the slightest bit related to evolution, which occurs
in the physical body, only. "Quirks" of behavior
exist only in the domain of culture/consciousness,
which is totally independent from, and different
than, genetic processes.

Are you challenging the fact that we evolved, Larry?
Are you challenging the contention that our ABILITY to
develop culture is itself an evolutionary change? If
so, what is the SCIENTIFIC basis for your challenge?
We don't want to hear your angry, hyperbolically
EMOTIONAL dismissal of it merely because you find it
aesthetically displeasing, Larry. If you're going to
pretend to be writing a scientific critique of the
findings of science, YOU need to use scientific
methodology and language, Larry. You haven't done it.
I don't think you can.

Leonard, the real scientist:
Changes in food availability over time, it seems,
strongly influenced our hominid ancestors. Thus, in
an evolutionary sense, we are very much what we ate.

Larry, the ignorant-of-biology polemicist:
Here, the false and long-abandoned 18th Century
Lamarckian view of evolution, that personal behavior
in one generation influences the physical evolution
of the species in the next, is invoked.

You are flatly wrong: he is in NO WAY relying on
Lamarckian evolution in reaching his conclusion. You
simply don't know what you're reading.

Leonard, the true scientist:
Accordingly, what we eat is yet another way in which
we differ from our primate kin.

Larry Forti, the lying polemicist:
Much to our own detriment, as epidemiology shows.

No. You are UNQUALIFIED to discuss what epidemiology
shows, Larry. You have ZERO training in epidemiology,
and you have read no original epidemiological articles.

That's more than enough, Larry. You are a FRAUD. You
are INCOMPETENT in science, and you do not make any
kind of a scientific rebuttal of the findings of real
scientists. What you offer, instead, is an angry,
dogmatic polemic.

You ****ING FRAUD.