Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default Cheese enchiladas - Oy vey!

On 16 May 2008 07:44:47 GMT, Nick Cramer
> wrote:

>Just before dinner BG 68. Had three cheese enchiladas from Vallarta market,
>with a spicy green sauce, topped with sour cream. Tortilla chips, refried
>beans and rice on the side. Ate all the chips and beans, half of the rice.
>Should've only had half of the beans and skipped the rice. One hour PP BG
>124. Two hour 165. Three hour 174. Four hour 197. Five hour 181. Talk about
>pizza effect!

Sorry to hear that.

I reckon they do it different north of the border. I was
careful in Mexico but it's impossible to avoid beans and
corn products - tortillas, enchiladas, tortas etc.

But I had no significant spikes, at least for the first
couple of days before I ran out of strips.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com