Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Hard to Find A Good Zin

On May 12, 2:22�pm, zinlover > wrote:
> I tasted one of the best zins I have ever had on a recent trip to
> Healdsburg. 2006 Dark Horse Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, Treborce
> Vineyards. small production Zin that was absolutely incredible. Any
> suggestions on other great zins to try?

The hard part about making suggestions is that as the Dark Horse is
small production, few (if any) here have tried. Zin is made in a
variety of styles,. I've liked Dry Creek Zins from Dashe, Coffaro,
Ridge (3 Valleys is only DC one they have remaining I think- Ed or
someone can correct if I'm wrong). Mostly made in a restrained (for
Zin) style. Paso Robles or Amador Zins like Miles suggested are more
likely to be "huge", if that's what you're looking for. Even within a
geographic area there different styles, so hard to say without tasting
the wine (or a description of what you liked about it, or other Zins
that it reminded you of).