Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
FERGUS TEXAN FERGUS TEXAN is offline

Default How to make Bran Muffins like a bakery does...?

I have a recipe that can make huge bran muffins. Have used it for years.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Helen's Six Week Muffins

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 60
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
-MM BY H. PEAGRAM-
425 g Raisin bran ; 15 oz
5 c Flour
3 c Sugar
5 ts Baking soda
2 ts Salt
2 ts Cinnamon
5 c Sour milk
4 Eggs
1 c Oil

-= Instructions =-
Measure dry ingredients into a very large bowl that can be covered. Add
liquid ingredients. Will keep for 6 weeks, if it lasts that long. Fill
muffin cups 1/2 full and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: The dry
mixture may be stored and mixed as needed. Mix at a ratio of 3 cups mix
to 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk, 1/4 cup oil, and 1 egg. Reconstituted
buttermilk powder may be used to replace milk.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **