~ rob ~

Default Cooking/ refreezing hamburger

"Amberinauburn" > wrote in message
> I have a question, last night at the store I bought the hamburger for the

chili
> I need to make for Sunday nights party. It's a work thing and not only are

we
> 'expected' to go but several people have 'requested' that I make and bring

my
> chili. Today is Thursday. I don't want to leave uncooked hamburger in the
> refrigerator until sometime Saturday, which is when I will make the chili,

so
> my question is this, Can I brown off the meat and then freeze it until

Saturday
> night when I will have time to make the chili?
>
> Thanks in advance Amber
>
> Also any tips on making chili are appreciated.

----------------------

Cook the heck out of it, salt and pepper it, freeze it.

Or freeze it raw, thaw and cook any time within a month or so...

So many *different* chile recipes out there, no real tips or secrets, just
lotsa experimenting and trying different recipes.

I like lotsa fresh ground black pepper. Cumin is the dominant spice in
traditional chillies.

For example, see:

http://www.recipesource.com/

http://www.recipecenter.com/results.asp