Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner, Friday 5/2

On Sat 03 May 2008 07:07:28a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...
>
>> On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>>
>>> Makes no sense to me. :-)
>>>

>>> Pounds, shillings or pence! (Roger Waters).
>>>
>>> What a picky SOB David is!

>> No question about that!
>>
>>> Not a shred of gourmet in him, obviously.

>> Well, maybe one shred. He wolved down the Chicken Kiev when I took him
>> to The Russian Tea Room some years ago. :-)
>>

>>> Andy

> Oooh!!! The Russian Tea Room in Manhattan!??
>
> Pretty good eats!!!
>
> Is it still open?!?
>
> Andy

I don't think so. It went through a $32 million dollar renovation and
reopened in 1998 as a very showy glitzy fiasco, only to close after 3
years. I don't believe it ever re-opened. So sad. The original had a
wonderful "old world" elegance.

In a former life with a former partner, we used to go there for the caviar
and vodka "tastings", following by a sumptious dinner. Those were the
days!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)