Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default Chicken fajitas dinner

On Thu, 01 May 2008 05:35:43 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Har har.
>
>I can read ya know!??
>
>I did Atkins back in 2003 and lost a lot of weight. Ate lots of sat. fats.
>Didn't help my cholesterol one bit!
>
>Some people just generate cholesterol no matter what. Believe that
>Ozgirl?!?
>
>I wasn't diabetic then, but sat. fat is NOT the cure for lowering BG or
>there'd be a diet named The SatfatDiabetic Diet. Show me where sat. fat
>it's proven to lower BG!!! Just because you cut out sugar carbs doesn't
>mean sat. fat is beneficial, you just dropped the carbs. Some people like
>Susan can be so full of bad advice sometimes!
>
>Andy

Hi Andy

You might want to clarify that. I'm finding it difficult to
follow. What is a sugar carb? Is that a different type to a
starch carb or a fruit carb?

I'm not advocating a sat fat diet, but one thing I can
guarantee. Whatever it's effect on lipids it doesn't raise
my BGs.

Apart from that, I appear to have missed your earlier
contributions to a.s.d. I'm hoping this one wasn't
representative of them.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com