Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default I saved a fellow barbecuer

" > wrote:

> On Apr 28, 7:44 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> I've always used lighter fluid and have never had a lighter fluid
>> taste.
>>
>> Of course I always take off the body and lid of the R2D2 before
>> lighting it, and let it burn for 10-15 minutes.

> You might give it a whirl. There is a definite taste difference,

No, there isn't. I used to use a chimney, and often use it at work
and school (where we have bigger smokers for groups), and there is
NO taste of lighter fluid.

People who use a lot of lighter fluid, squirt down the sides and
bottom of their smoker/firepan, and don't let it burn off completely
and vented may have this problem, but I sure don't.

-sw