Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default I saved a fellow barbecuer

On 28-Apr-2008, skeeter > wrote:

> I saw a friend of mine purchasing a bag of royal oak natural lump,
> with a bottle of charcoal starting fluid. I told her about using a
> chimney starter, and she said "I have one". I explained to her how
> using newspaper (sprayed with PAM, then rolled and twisted and put
> under her charcoal starter like a donut) will prevent her yummy BBQ
> food from tasting like Whiting Indiana. She listened to me and said
> newspaper and pam is a lot cheaper than the starter fluid, and
> understood also that I was helping her food remain healthy.
>
> 1 down, thousands to go, but at least I saved 1 BBQer and her family.

Good on ya Skeeter, but newspaper without the Pam is even cheaper.
And for us dedicated cheapskates a onetime investment in an oil
spritzer (I use a 'Misto') loaded with Canola oil obviates the need
for any expensive Pam. (Pam 'regular' is Canola oil).

I don't have newspaper available anymore, so I use other means. The
crap they use for direct mail advertising doesn't burn very well.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)