Posted to rec.food.equipment
Del Cecchi[_2_] Del Cecchi[_2_] is offline

Default Stainless steel

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Andy Petro" > wrote in message
>> I have stainless steel pots purchased over 20 years ago . Although they are
>> thinner gauge they do not stain , leave water marks , and hardly ever need
>> special cleaners.. What is the difference . Why can't I buy them
>> to-day.

> How thin is thin? Ours (Farberware) are over 40 years old and still in
> great condition.
> Seems as though Farberware and Reverware is not the same (moved out of the
> US) and the choices are either much cheaper or more expensive (such as All
> lad) in many cases, but good cookware at reasonable prices is still around.
> People have commented onsets from Costco, Wolfgang Puck, Emeril, etc as
> being very good.

All those sets that you list as good at reasonable prices are all made
in China. To my knowledge, which I am sure is incomplete, only lodge
and all clad still manufacture in the USA. And I have seen a couple of
all-clad boxes that say made in (some non us country, I forget which
one) so check, if that is important to you.

del