Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
[email protected] beans@smithfarms.com is offline

Default Dunkin Donuts coffee ...

On 15 Apr 2008 13:58:28 GMT, Bert Hyman > wrote:

>I guess I fell victim to nostalgia and picked up a 12oz bag of ground
>"Dunkin Donuts" coffee in Target this weekend.
>
>It's indistinguishable from any mass-market ground coffee that I've
>ever had, but at a net price of $10.66/pound, more expensive. The
>fine print on the bag says it's made by Proctor & Gamble; maybe it's
>just re-labeled Folgers.
>
>In retrospect, I suspect that what made their coffee taste so good was
>the donut that always came with it :-)
>
>[So far as I can tell, there are no Dunkin Donut shops in Minnesota;
>certainly none in the Twin Cities area]

From my coffee knowledge, the reason you liked Dunkin Donuts coffee
long ago, was that Dunkin Donuts, at least on the East Coast really
cared about the beans they were buying. I believe, even before the
ubiquitous *$. They looked at the green/unroasted beans and chose
carefully.

Obviously times have changed but I just wanted to assure you, your
nostalgia wasn't only about the donut

aloha,
Beans
roast beans to kona to email