Russ Thompson

Default The Least Harm Principle

> Personally, I have gotten more involved with local organic farms. I buy
> locally, and from the farmer as much as possible. Their animals are
> treated well, and so I encourage my meat eating friends and family to
> buy their meat from them as well. (After all, you can't exactly have an
> organic farm without animals...)

*** Yes you can. It is done all the time. In this area whenever land comes
out of CRP certain certifed organic crop farmers fight over it. They grow
crops on it until it is no longer suitable for growing row crops.
What you can't have without animals is sustainable farming.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, WI USA