Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a good alternative to PAM spray?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:44:10 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I always keep a roll of waxed paper on hand. I use it for rolling pie
>> crust,

>As did my mother I now recall?
>
>> and a neat trick a though of for whipping cream without the spatter.
>> I poke the beaters through a double layer of waxed paper that's large
>> enough to more than cover the bowl, then attach the beaters. The waxed
>> paper catches all the spatters.

>Clever!! I usually just drape a tea towel around the mixer.

I use a deep, narrow bowl - or more often than not, my 4 cup Pyrex
measuring cup. Start slow, end on high. No splatters for me!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D2X1N1DQL.jpg

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first