Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Is there a good alternative to PAM spray?

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:34:20 GMT, "Pete C."
> wrote:

>Find one of the sprays that contains no lecithin, that's what makes the
>hideous goop that gums up and also makes a mess of your pans. Why a non
>stick spray would contain one of the stickiest substances around is
>beyond me.

Hi Pete,

Lecithin may be contributing to the clogging of the nozzle
(I would have no way to know), but the idea that it is "one
of the stickiest substances around" would seem to be
incorrect.

In fact, it is very slippery: The lecithin increases the
release properties of the sprays in which it is used.

The release if far better with such sprays than with any
vegetable oil I have ever used.

All the best,
--
Kenneth