rick etter

Default The Least Harm Principle

"Allyb" > wrote in message
> Wow, I am absolutely shocked by the vitriol in some of those responses.

Here, I'll restore the snipping you did for the post you replied to, show me
the vitriol you were shocked by:

====================
You need sources to know that animals die in food production? What planet
have you been living on?
Call monsanto/dow, whoever and just ask them how much pesticde is used every
year to deliberately kill animals at storage/processing facilities.
Go ahead. Do you dare? How many animals do you figure died for a grass fed
cow, or game animal? They provide 100s of 1000s of calories from that one
death. How many deaths do you figure go into the same amount of veggies?
10s? 100s? 1000s? More?

Here is a site about *just* birds and just from *pesticides*
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm

That doesn't include the mammals, reptiles, fish, and amphibians that die
incidentally and deliberately for your cheap, conveninet veggies from any
number of other ways..

> said what the research I have read so far has lead me to believe and asked
> for more information.

=======================
What research and info? Nothing factual, apparently.

It is not my full time job to research these issues,
======================
Really? What then would be the job of a vegan when they claim that their
diet/lifestyle causes no/less/fewer animal death s and suffering? Seems to
me that that would precisely be your 'job'. That is, if caring for animals
is truely your goal. Of course, that's proven not to be the case as long as
you continue your posts to usenet.

> so at the age of 35 I admit that I definitely don't know all the facts. I
> am constantly looking for information, and unlike some people, I don't

only
> look for info that supports what I believe. Calling me stupid, closed
> minded and fanatical will not stop me from continuing to try to find what

> think is the best moral place to be, but it might cause some people to

react
> defensively and not even consider your facts.

=======================
You won't anyway. You've declared yourself vegan. You live only by a
simple rule, eat no meat. You have done *no* research into your own foods.
Which veggies cause more death and suffering, which ones cause less. vegans
won't do that because the have the easy out, focus only on what they think
others are doing.
It's not too hard to see, for an open mind, that a diet that eliminates some
of the factory-farmed veggies, and replaces it with grass fed beef, or game,
would be a better so-called 'moral' choice, if the death and suffering of as
few animals as possible is really your goal.

You might want to reconsider
> your tactics. Thank you for all the information you provided, I will look
> at, and consider it all.

So I'm brusk. So what. If liars, delusional loons and idiots can't take
the truth, then maybe they should stick to their religion of hate, veganism.