H. W. Hans Kuntze

Default Recipe for meat pie crust?

Alex Rast wrote:

> [...]
>

>It's not always accurate to guess, but it looks like your crust recipes,=

=20
>however, would have more of a crumbly consistency

If a pate en croute would be crumbly, who would be able to slice it?
If it was poor in texture, tough, who would want to eat it?

>[...]Is that what your recipes are=20
>for, or are they designed more around the former type?

I have produced pate en croute for commercial sale (for sale to=20
foodservice, etc.), but I don't understand your description, although,=20
compared to Europa, the quality of pates sold and offered in this=20
country is generally very poor. Why pay attention to something, people=20
won't know or eat, don't have a frame of reference.

Generally, a pate dough should be like a pie dough, flakey, but never=20
crumbly.
But not too flaky, because it would leak, ruining the product.
And that depends greatly on technique in dough make-up, much more than=20
ingredients.

Sure, there is a lot of trash on the market that is more like meatloaf=20
baked in a noodle dough, but that's no pate en croute, even by a long sho=
t.

http://www.cmcchef.com/pates.html
--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"