rick etter

Default The Least Harm Principle

"Allyb" > wrote in message
> How does a serving of tofu kill animals? Please include your source, I'm
> curious.

====================
You need sources to know that animals die in food production? What planet
have you been living on?
Call monsanto/dow, whoever and just ask them how much pesticde is used every
year to deliberately kill animals at storage/processing facilities.
Go ahead. Do you dare? How many animals do you figure died for a grass fed
cow, or game animal? They provide 100s of 1000s of calories from that one
death. How many deaths do you figure go into the same amount of veggies?
10s? 100s? 1000s? More?

Here is a site about *just* birds and just from *pesticides*
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm

That doesn't include the mammals, reptiles, fish, and amphibians that die
incidentally and deliberately for your cheap, conveninet veggies from any
number of other ways..

> Allyb
>

> > One of the basic facts that veg*ns don't want people to consider,
> > is the fact that some types of animal products involve fewer animal
> > deaths than some types of veggies. People can get over 500 servings
> > of beef from the life of a grass raised steer--a few servings of tofu

are
> > likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings of grass
> > raised beef. People can get over 1000 servings of dairy products from
> > the life of a grass raised dairy cow--a few servings of rice milk are

> likely
> > to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings of grass raised
> > cow milk.
> > People who want to contribute to better lives for farm animals with

> their
> > diet, can't do it by being veg*n. They would have to be more

conscientious