Allyb

Default The Least Harm Principle

Karla, the flaw I see in your reasoning is that to satisfy the demand for
meat and dairy in this country, it's not possible to raise enough animals on
grass. Therefore enormous farms must harvest many times the produce to feed
cattle than would be needed to feed humans directly. The cow dies, all the
little animals in the field (times x) die. I am not a militant vegan, I'm
not arguing for the sake of it, I'm not even arguing ethics, just straight
numbers.

"Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
> > I'm not sure how they calculate the numbers, exactly, but they claim

that
> > serving of tofu could involve more animal deaths (from CDs) than one

> serving
> > of beef that came from one cow.

> *** That makes perfect sence to me. A deer that my husband shoots or one

of
> our grass fed steers can provide many, many servings with the death of

only
> one animal. Harvest an acre of soybeans and you are going to kill many

more