Rat & Swan

Default PETA, --Rescue never ends....

Bob Yates wrote:
> Rat & Swan wrote:

<snip>
>>And better people often get arrested for civil disobedience or possibly
>>animal liberation, or some other worthy cause, and thus demonstrate
>>their ethical superiority. You make a fetish of laws, and you have
>>the nerve to call people like me and Feral fascists. Blatant
>>projection, jonnie; we know who the fascist is here.

> Interesting, if I read you right you support the right to bomb a church
> because they oppose a cause that is "worthy"

No -- you read me wrong. I do not support engaging in any activity
which injures people or animals, or destroys property except in a
situation where the property is being actively used to hurt or kill
living beings. If vivisection were being carried out in the basement
of the church (on people or animals), I might support bombing the
church to destroy the vivisectionists' equipment -- but only when all
the humans and animals were no longer inside. If the church were only
the meeting place of people advocating vivisection, I wouldn't damage
the church, and I would try to prevent anyone else from damaging it.

Of course, civil disobedience does not involve damaging anything, and
the only people who usually suffer from CD activity are the activists.

Rat