Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev The Real Bev is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> Sheldon > wrote:
>
>> The only reason folks buy cast iron cookware is because it's cheap,
>> and they are too poor or miserly to buy real cookware or they enjoy
>> playing pilgrim.

It's amazing how many people equate expense and quality. It's
especially amazing that such people read misc.consumers.frugal-living.

> You don't have kids or a wife, do you.
>
> It's a great way to get iron into the diet.

Since the iron is buried under a layer of burned grease, I've always
wondered how that would work.

I love cast iron. It lasts forever, cleans easily and is a pleasant
link with my ancestors. Been a long time since I actually cooked, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for