frlpwr

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

Beach Runner wrote:

> Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> with acts like that.

Why should it hurt the animal rights cause to remind Catholics that
chickens are also children of god? Or are they? Maybe the Catholic God
doesn't give a lowdown shit about chickens. Is that what you think?

> It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a bunch of > insensitive,

Why should Catholics be offended by the image of a Catholic icon in an
act of kindness to animals?

> insane,

Is it "insane" to imagine that a Catholic representation of love and
nurture would love and nurture animals as well as people? If it is,
it's "insane" to consider Catholicism a loving religion.

> immature people.

Hardly. PETA, once agian, proves itself a masterful manipulator of
media. Who else can garner international attention with a couple of
cheap billboards?

> We should be projecting the exact opposite message.

Speak for yourself, please.

> They should all sit down and read Dale Carnigies
> "How to win friends and influence people". and help the vegan movement
> a lot more.

Thanks for the laugh.